March 2016 marks a special milestone for Heart ‘n Home … our 12 year anniversary! Heart ‘n Home has been serving communities throughout Idaho and Oregon since March 15, 2004. Since birthdays and anniversaries are the perfect opportunities to reflect back and look forward, here’s what we’d like to share with you.
Looking back, the reality of a local hospice with home-like appeal based on the rural values of hard work and integrity seemed like just a dream to three hopeful visionaries. Cindy Lee, Kris Stice, and Todd Stice recognized the need for additional end-of-life resources that offered patients and families the ability to remain close to the community and life they knew before their illness. With precise vision, unwavering dedication, old-fashioned “roll up your sleeves” hard work, and unprecedented community support, Heart ‘n Home Hospice & Palliative Care, LLC opened its doors.
Accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
- 2004: 1 location consisting of a card table, folding chairs, and a telephone. Today, 9 locations serving 11 counties in Idaho and Central Oregon.
- 2004: 10 employees. Today, 180+ highly trained and skilled clinical and administrative personnel.
- Medicare certified.
- Locally and nationally recognized as a “school of hospice.”
- More than 5,500 patients and families served throughout 11 counties.
- OpAL Foundation founded to support patients who cannot pay for hospice care.
- Numerous awards and recognitions, including 4 years in the national “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” program.
- Level 4 (highest level possible), “We Honor Veterans,” a program of the National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization.
Looking forward, our commitment to “Affirming lives… every day, every time” will carry us toward continued education and service, and celebrating a community who from the start has embraced and supported the vision of a hospice that provides legendary care. We celebrate our staff for their compassion, our Volunteers for their selflessness, our caregivers for their strength, and most of all we celebrate our patients and their families for their courage and trust. Thank you for 12 wonderful years… and join us for the next!