Our Personal Care Assistants are experienced and caring Certified Nursing Assistants who treat family and patients with honor and respect. They work with the hospice Nurse to make sure all the patient’s personal needs are always taken care of. They play an important role in the patient’s care and their comfort is extremely important to them. Heart ‘n Home Personal Care Assistants provide these personal care services while always preserving the dignity and privacy of their patients.
Personal Care Assistants provide an array of services including bathing and personal hygiene, assistance with medical needs, educating families on caregiving skills, and so much more.
Heart ‘n Home is blessed to have amazing people who fill this position with passion. One Personal Care Assistant who always goes above and beyond is Abbie. She serves her patients with compassion and respect. Abbie serves with her whole heart. I recently interviewed Abbie, to ask her some fun questions to get to know her better. These fun questions help us see what makes her so unique.
- What is your role at Heart ‘n Home?
My role at Heart ‘n Home is Hospice CNA. I provide personal care to my patients that is specific to each patient. So whether that be shower, bed bath, shave, nail care, skin care, oral care, the list goes on and on as it depends on how each patient prefers their routine. I am also the eyes for the Nurse. I love what I do, but most of all I love seeing my patients smile after my visit and I’m very blessed to be a part of their final journey.
- What is the first thing on your bucket list?
I don’t have a bucket list. But my goal is to die old and watch my girls grow up and marry.
- If you were stuck on an island what 3 things would you bring?
Machete, a box of matches, a hammock.
- Where is your favorite place to be?
My favorite place is to be home with my husband and daughters.
- What is your motto or personal mantra?
Anything that is good is hard work.
- If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see?
The American Revolution.
- What’s something that might surprise us about you?
Growing up, I had a speech impediment and could not say my “L” or “R” and had to go to a speech therapist.
- What are 3 words you would use to describe Heart ‘n Home?
Family, Hope, Laughter.
- If you were to write a book about yourself, what would you call it?
Ummm… Ab’s – Not to be Mistaken for a Six Pack – Biography.
- What have you gained from working at Heart ‘n Home?
I have gained a much larger extended family!
Abbie A., CNA, Personal Care Assistant