Our Cardiac Program is designed to provide support developed with each individual’s needs in mind. Heart ‘n Home is on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for our patients and families. Care is provided by Heart ’n Home staff including Medical Directors, Nurses, Medical Social Workers, Spiritual Care Providers, and Hospice CNAs. Our cardiac team can visit individuals in their home and develop a Plan of Care with the patients’ wishes and goals as the main focus.
Talk to your physician if you SAY YES to 3 or more of these signs or symptoms:
- Hospital visit for heart failure in the past year.
- Need help accomplishing activities of daily living.
- Daily chest discomfort.
- Experiencing swelling in feet and legs.
- Shortness of breath, especially while lying down.
- Frequent gain/loss of weight.
- Tired most of the time.
- Short of breath when doing daily chores.
- Chest pain when doing daily chores.
- Tired of going to the doctor’s office and hospital frequently.
With support from the Heart ‘n Home Cardiac Program, together we will strive to:
- Increase patient and caregiver ability to manage patients illness at home.
- Increase confidence of patient and caregiver to manage patient’s symptoms.
- Develop a Plan of Care to monitor and manage symptoms, thereby reducing episodes of crisis.
- Reduce emergency room and hospital visits.
- Put patient goals and wishes first.
Learn more about understanding Congestive Heart Failure.
Contact your cardiac team at 1-800-HOSPICE (800-467-7423) to get the assistance needed to stay comfortable and in your home.