The Facts About Aging:
- Today, there are nearly 40 million seniors in the U.S. In the next 30 years, that number is expected to double, as baby boomers reach age 65.
- Medicare spends, on average, nearly $40,000 per person in the last year of life. This is more than five times the average cost for other years.
- Patients on hospice reduce Medicare program expenditures by an average of $2,309 per hospice user. (Social Sciences & Medicine 65 (2007) 1466-1478)
Why choose Heart ‘n Home?
- At Heart ‘n Home we focus on hope and ensuring a high quality of life for our patients and their loved ones.
- Heart ‘n Home’s Medical Director and Nurses are specialists in palliative and end-of-life care. As a result, they can effectively anticipate, assess, treat, and prevent all types of physical symptoms that cause discomfort and distress.
- Heart ‘n Home has been recognized nationally by Modern Healthcare Magazine as Top 100 Best Places to Work!
- Heart ‘n Home was a recipient of the 2011 Integrity Counts! Award by the Better Business Bureau.
- Heart ‘n Home has never turned a patient away due to financial difficulties and we strive to continue to be that support to our communities in need.